Saturday, February 16, 2008

A fun together project

Kyle's photo of the administration building on the campus of Oklahoma City University.


Mom's photo of the winter landscape in our front yard.

Both Kyle and I like to take photo's. Kyle has been having his picture taken since he was a baby and has always enjoyed both sides of the camera. When he was about 3 we purchased him a kid camera- it had 2 handles. It was really cute. A little complicated to operate (from the parents standpoint) as you had to wind the film and use a special key to hand rewind the film.

But he did a great job and it was always interesting to see his pictures from a different perspective than adults looked at things. As a matter of fact, I created a photo album of his pictures titled "The View from Down Here".

His Poppy gave him a pretty nice digital camera for his 10th Christmas (at the suggestion of his mother). Kyle has had a lot of fun taking pictures and once again he sometimes takes a non traditional view and it makes the pictures interesting.

So as we both are interested in taking photos and improving our skills I thought it would be fun for us to start our own photo blog. I am hoping we can do "weekly" photo assignments and pick our favorite few to post.

I think our first post should be "landscape" I chose this topic because Kyle took some intersting pictures on a school field trip earlier in the school year. He has entered one of his pictures in the local private school art show. I am very proud of him- because it was his idea and I think his photo is great.

No comments: